Monday, September 8, 2008

So happy to see you...



100 miles north of the Arctic Circle.
He was the last one to be picked up.

I'm so glad he's home. I had taken the Bug and the dog for a walk this morning and when we got back he was unloading the vehicle in our driveway. Bug says "Dada, Dada" "Up, Up" (she wants out of the back pack.) The dog is shaking her tail with uncontrollable joy and I dived in for a kiss.

We got presents too. I got a maroon sweatshirt with "Alaska" across the front. Bug got a onesie and a stuffed bear. Good job Dad!

His plane left Anchorage at 11:00 pm and landed in Denver at 6:00 am. He called at 7:45 to let me know they had arrived.



Catch up....

Friday afternoon we celebrated the finalizing of the adoption of a very awesome lil guy! You're stuck with all of us now JT!!
Saturday night my friend K.G. came over to drink wine and watch a movie with me.

Sunday evening I took Bug to a restaurant down the street. We had dinner, just the two of us. Crayons for her, glass of wine for me. We walked downtown afterwards and heard the live music. Main Street was closed off for a "Community Appreciation Party" and dance. Dang. Could have had a free meal instead. Bug danced in the stroller, she had a blast while I talked to friends I ran into on the street. It's our last night without Dad. That's good.

No comments: