Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday...in the park









Yesterday it happened.
The clouds finally parted and
there it was.
Snow on Sopris.
Ugh. It's pretty, but...
Anyway,
I spent the day outside today.
The weather was beautiful.
It was perfect for a mom and her
one-year-old to explore the small town
they've lived in for a long time.

We began our adventure by going out for coffee.
Bug in the stroller, ready to roll.
I made sure to clean the make-up off
of the skin under my eyes. I didn't want to
look like the morning slob that I was today.
My teeth and hair brushed, but it was obvious
I need a shower.
Walking in to town, I heard a lot of
cheering!
What the F?
What's going on that I somehow missed?
And more importantly, will the line at
the coffee shop be really long because of it?
I see runners rounding a corner.
Oh, just another moment when I realize
I'm not as active as the majority of
people that live in this state. oh well.
I'm happy and not in bad shape!

I investigate...
The Colorado Relay ends its race here.
Those guys/girls are machines!
We walked the park. I'm notably the only one
pushing a stroller. Lots of booths set up.
Looks like a lot of schwag too. People say hello.
I don't need any schwag. Already too much
junk in my house.
Off to coffee house after a detour at the swings.
Line is not too long for a moment...YEAH ME!!
The girls working the counter look a little haggard.
They have been slammed all morning.
Coffee in hand I head to do a little local shop,
chat it up with friends.

The rest of the day involved dog walking, a visit
and more park time with friends.
And another stop at
the coffee shop, on ice this time, thank you.
My complaint today?

Dad is gone, AGAIN.
In the woods.
Helping our guests find the elk.
He's just never around these days.
Crappy.




No comments: