Thursday, October 9, 2008

I forgot who "I will never forget"

I have these old journals.
They have traveled from
house to house,
digs to digs,
casa to casa.

I looked over a few of them this morning.
Some of the funniest shit I've ever read.

I started writing in them when
I was 10 years old.

Oh, for the love of puberty.

I wrote of first loves, lost loves,
unrequited loves. I'm sure it
was therapeutic although it reads
quite pathetic.

I wrote of parents who were
so unfair. Of siblings, who were cruel.

I wrote of birthday wishes, of
Christmas gifts, and how my day went
at school.

I have been keeping a journal off
and on for years.
My writing has improved
somewhat since the 1980's.
My punctuation has taken a nose dive.

In the future, I'll be quoting some of my favorite,
and some of my least favorite entries.

3 comments:

J. Thorp said...

tesla and footloose ... word.

T said...

It's so nice to see a comment here and there, even though I didn't think anyone would read this. Brings a smile every time. Thank you.

Jodi said...

Great writing - I love to read it. I was reading some old journals not too long ago and was trying to figure out who I was writing about, I also "forgot who I will never forget". I'm not sure if my writing has improved since the early 90's though.