Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeling Squashed


Apart from my funky attitude lately
concerning the changes in the weather,
and changes in the landscape, I'm finding
myself with many a craving.

Today I pulled out the crockpot
and made a delicious butternut squash
soup. It was my first attempt at squash,
but it must be an easy food. The hints
of cinnamon and nutmeg made me
wish (almost) that snow was falling outside
my window.

So, until I make peace with the dropping leaves
and cold mornings, I'll turn to my crockpot for
the contentment I'm struggling to find.

....I just read this again and almost imploded.


I'm

a

housewife.


I need some new adventures.
and I need them yesterday.




2 comments:

Jodi said...

I really admire. I read how much you and the little one get out. You are SO much more than a just a housewife, you are a wonderful MOM! I'm hoping your writing inspires me to get out more with the kids.
(I do understand the feeling of needing new adventures, I feel still sometimes feel the same way.)

J. Thorp said...

please do not implode.