Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gone again.


She stands up tall
on the front porch.
Puts two words
together
"Daddy Workin."

"Yes Bug,
Daddy Workin."

What makes her
think of him?
What did she see
that reminded her
of him?
I smile at the thought of it.

Later...

There's a knock
at the front door...
"Dada! Dada!"
"Sorry Bug.
It's not Dada."

I open the door
when her nap has ended.
"Dada! Dada!"
"Hi Bug, it's Mom."
"Dada??"
"Dada's working."

Come home Dada.

We're missing you
too much today.
New York is just
too far away.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Dada's away around here too, and my own little one's "Dada working" pains my heart.

T said...

I agree. I liked it better when she seemed oblivious when he was away.

J. Thorp said...

Dadas can't ever be home too much, in my opinion. Would love to work from home ... someday soon?