Friday, December 19, 2008

Missing: T


I have been MIA for awhile.
This matters to almost noone else.
I'm very ok with that.
I'm only kicking myself because this is
where I store most of my memory.
"Ya" know?

I traveled to the great state of my
creation (as far as I know),
Minnesota.

My daughter seems to have inherited my
wanderlust. Sweet. We traveled by car for three weeks,
and she shed less tears in the car than her mother.
Wherever I set up the pack-and-play, she passed out.
She met new people almost every day and never failed
in showing her new friends warmth and kindness.
At just a year and a half, I am amazed by her openness
in every new environment she's
thrown into. I love this about you Bug.

Moments from three wonderful weeks
traveling to the land of 10,000 skatings rinks:

Nebraska at night is a good way to see it.
Negative six degrees is not a warm welcome.
Elmo + mountains = carsick
Meat raffles aren't as fun as I'd hoped.
Grandparents are such a blessing.
Good sushi in MN? why yes!
Next time, I'll just buy the pie.
Sun dogs make my heart flutter.
MN Zoo - not as big as it was when I was small.
Michelob Golden Light
Pond Hockey
Trader Joes, buy the Chuck
The town that drank too much, still does.
Bug will not be allowed to date hockey players.
Sister, Sister-in-law :-)
"Spin for the meat"...must be yelled with gusto.
"I think I threw my back out!" shit.
Everyone is so nice here.
Leaving family behind makes me cry.
Watching snow blow across the highway is a trip.
Again with that Elmo, mountains, vomit thing. Gross.
Unpack the car with some relief, but...

If home is where the heart is...am I lost?

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I missed you T - here and in person. Glad you are back. Love to read what is going through your pretty little head.

J. Thorp said...

What do they call the phenomenon in your photo -- do you know? I saw this last week on the way in to the Cities.

T said...

Hi J & J - Those are Sun Dogs...formed by ice crystals hanging in the air only when it is very, very cold.

Jacqui said...

I am glad you're back, too.