Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog's Day

This is the day I've chosen to make changes.
It's been on my cranium calendar.
I'm trying to channel Phil Connors, in a good way.
I'm going to repeat over and over until I get it right.
1. I'm getting some form of exercise every day.
2. I'm going to be a more loving wife.
3. I'm going to pray more often, and in a way that He'd appreciate.
4. I'm going to write much more often, but you know...

It comes
and it goes,

this desire
to write.

The word "write"
hasn't changed.
I'm actually typing.

But "type"
doesn't inspire,
doesn't beg for more,
doesn't leaving you wishing
I'd "typed" a little more.

Wish me luck, I'm off to fold laundry
while watching the movie that is part
of today's inspiration. :-)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Good list. I'm not a writer, so I think I could use clean more in that spot.
Love reading your stuff. Now that Facebook takes up so much of my time, I am down to only reading two blogs regularly - yours and Jim's. Always love to see what you are thinking about.

Jacqui said...

Oh, how the difference between "typing" and "writing" plagues me. I type plenty. I need to write more.

Becca said...

Doing some form of exercise each day can be "easy". Walk up and down the stairs MANY times. Go for a walk around the neighborhood. When I don't feel like leaving the house, I play the Wii fit, it's great. Good luck!

J. Thorp said...

I've been away awhile -- and I come back to see you reference one of my *all-time favorite* movies!

"Groundhog Day" is the perfect mix of profound and funny ... humanity's journey through selfishness and despair toward learning to love perfectly -- all on a weird little holiday in a quaint little town in Pennsylvania!

I should blog on that sometime ...