Friday, January 2, 2009

Sea Turtle



Hi Bug, I wanted to tell you this before it has a chance to become one of those memories that we have trouble remembering as the years pass by.

The photo above shows you holding up a Christmas ornament, a "santa sea turtle". This ornament that you're holding is one that we purchased on the island of Kauai in Hawaii.

You were in my belly.

I sat on the beach watching the ocean, feeling so lucky to be in such a beautiful place. It was Thanksgiving, 2007. I had so much to be thankful for. I didn't know anything about you yet, only that you would be loved and that we were very blessed. I sat on the chair with my feet digging into the sand, feeling so calm, so peaceful, listening to the waves and the laughter in the distance. And then,

Butterflies.

You moved in my belly.

It felt just like butterflies were fluttering their wings, again and again.

You picked the perfect time and perfect place.

I thought I had felt you move once before, but this time you made sure I knew it was you.

Now, in December of 2008 you present us with the sea turtle for our tree and you present me with a memory of you, before I knew you. Thank you Bug. I love you.

No comments: