Saturday, November 1, 2008

A deep, dark, sickeningly sweet secret, - revealed.


I want to eat ALL of the Halloween candy.

There, I said it.


I love candy. I love sugar.
When I was a child,
I committed some awfully
terrible sugar sins.
The pure cane sugar,
the powdered sugar,
the brown sugar,
the boxed jello,
I ate it straight.

All of it.

Can you even imagine?

I poured it into
sandwich bags and
cut a small hole in the corners.
Maybe I dropped a little water
into the bag to solidify it some, but
I squeezed it into my mouth,
frosting style.

Disgusting.


A school fundraiser?
Bad idea. I was more likely to
eat the candy than sell it.

No self control

Nada

None


If you think you have a
sweet tooth, you've got
nothing on me.






5 comments:

Jodi said...

That isn't so disgusting T - I've eaten most of that stuff too. ;-) I'd forgotten about eating boxed Jello. I would mix just the hot water in it, then drink it. I think I'm going to go have a piece of Halloween candy...or several.

Jacqui said...

You have me beat with the bag of sugar. Though I did once eat a whole jar of chocolate icing straight off the knife.

T said...

Jodi - I actually thought of you while writing it. Nestle Quik scooped over ice cream in your basement. Still love that!!

Jacqui - I forgot all about icing. I've done that too. Terribly yummy. I wonder what my arteries are looking like these days.

J. Thorp said...

Too funny. Remind me never to let you three near the canisters ...

Jodi said...

I forgot about Nestle Quik. I haven't had that in ages. I'm going to have to buy that for my kids to get them started.

Jim use to get mad at me when I would open a new jar of frosting so I could have graham crackers and frosting - but it wasn't the whole jar. I still have that about once a week (snack for the kids).